Re: [opensuse-factory] postfix updates not running postmap
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 18:42:33 +0100
Patrick Shanahan wrote:

* Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [11-30-09 07:45]:

Patrick, the list of files you sent:

/etc/postfix/relay.db
/etc/postfix/canonical.db
/etc/postfix/relocated.db
/etc/postfix/transport.db

I would think they'd either be quite specific to your installation or
just left with default values (=empty). Why are they being touched
by an upgrade at all?

11:22 wahoo:~ > rpm -ql postfix |grep /etc/postfix
/etc/postfix
/etc/postfix/LICENSE
/etc/postfix/TLS_LICENSE
/etc/postfix/access
/etc/postfix/bounce.cf.default
/etc/postfix/canonical
/etc/postfix/dynamicmaps.cf
/etc/postfix/generic
/etc/postfix/header_checks
/etc/postfix/helo_access
/etc/postfix/main.cf
/etc/postfix/main.cf.default
/etc/postfix/makedefs.out
/etc/postfix/master.cf
/etc/postfix/openssl_postfix.conf.in
/etc/postfix/postfix-files
/etc/postfix/relay
/etc/postfix/relay_ccerts
/etc/postfix/relocated
/etc/postfix/sasl_passwd
/etc/postfix/sender_canonical
/etc/postfix/transport
/etc/postfix/virtual

The "upgrade" is "zypper dup", not a patch. The entire package is
being reinstalled w/o changing altered files. The subject files not
having postmap performed against are from the "upgrade". Postfix
generates error messages when it detects a xxx.db file with an earlier
date than its matching text file. The "upgrade" does not install
xxx.db files, but has a post-install script which performs postmap
against *specific* files and those subject files are not being
included in the script.

Which makes me wonder how they are created on a plain installation. The
post-install script is the same, but obviously(?) does different things
depending on the situation?

/Per

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (1.9°C)