Re: [opensuse-factory] Leafnode dropped ?!
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2009 22:24:30 +0100 (CET)

On Wednesday, 2009-11-25 at 11:44 +0200, Dave Plater wrote:

I must chirp in on this thread. I'm primarily a hardware and embeded
assembler person, I have a limited knowledge of linux c and c++ but I
noticed a while back, on this list, that the blender package wasn't
being maintained properly and ended up maintaining blender and am
reading this list while waiting for the latest version to build
properly. I also noticed that rosegarden needed a maintainer and took
that overas well. Rosegarden uses lilypond and I've taken that package over.
I have really learned a lot from research on the net, asking on the
opensuse packaging, build-service and programming lists and the devel
lists for the packages I maintain, including handling the bugs.
Basically if I can do it there must be a lot of people out there in the
community that can do it as well and help to turn openSUSE into a really
good distro. It's not half as hard to maintain a package as you think
and if anyone would like to be pointed in the right direction to where
the knowledge is, I will be happy to help.

I have another sugestion: Document the entire process. Put it somewhere in the oS web.

You say you had to read a lot of documents on many places; you could write it up together in one place so that others can read it and see if they can collaborate or not.

:-))

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.