Re: [opensuse-factory] Leafnode dropped ?!
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 23:16:50 +0100
Stefan Seyfried wrote:

On Tue, 24 Nov 2009 19:20:14 +0100
Daniele <kailed@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Il martedì 24 novembre 2009, Per Jessen scrisse:

opensuse-packaging.

http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-packaging/2009-08/msg00172.html

Personally I doubt if many community members actually read that.
Me too :(

Well, I was seeking for people to take my packages over. I didn't want
to SPAM all lists, so I asked where I thought the chance that somebody
would step up was reasonably good.

That is where the process breaks though - you ask, nobody answers,
package is dropped.

I also do not have the feeling that opensuse-packagers is an
especially hostile place. OK, I also refrain from answering the
"please can somebody explain me packaging from the beginning?"
questions,

Surely those are the most easily answered - it's just the URL for the
howto?

because I simply don't have the time to, but there should
be no need answering such questions when taking over a reasonably
maintained package ;)

The state of the package does not change the requirements put on the
packager, me thinks.

/Per

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (8.1°C)