Re: [opensuse-factory] display monitors query for opensuse 11.2
  • From: "Dominique Leuenberger" <Dominique.Leuenberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 13:17:00 +0100
On 11/26/2009 at 12:54, <doiggl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,
Does anyone know where I can see the list of display monitors yast picks
up and detects in opensuse 11.2.
I want to have a look at the ones supported, because the existing monitor
needs replacing.

Also have you got a script to output the result in the following format:

<Monitor make> <monitor model detail>

Hi,

Yast / Sax use the file /usr/share/sax/api/data/cdb/Monitors to catch
information and on top of that DDC is used to query the monitor itself.

DDC is used with all modern monitors and I have not come across any recent
screen that I could not just plug and use.
One 'issue' are color profiles, as there is no way (yet) to import color
definition files provided by a vendor. (work is happening here:
http://projects.gnome.org/gnome-color-manager/ )

Hope this helps you a little.

Dominique