Re: [opensuse-factory] Leafnode dropped ?!
  • From: Dave Plater <davejplater@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 12:02:24 +0200
On 11/25/2009 10:01 AM, Dominique Leuenberger wrote:
Hi,

On 11/25/2009 at 6:45, "Rajko M." <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The web page is 7 screens long, and requires as prerequisite another few
books
reading, learning development tools, openSUSE packaging guidelines, probably

one or 2 programing languages in order to fix programs that behave, in other

words whole semester or more of fun, full time.

Packaging is for a long time expert field.

I always say: if you can do ./configure; make; make install, then you can
easily package it. This is of course the easiest type of package and is
certainly not working with everything you can find upstream. But god knows,
I've been doing some packages by know and this very often DOES work.

I also wrote an article about such a package:
http://dominique.leuenberger.net/blog/?p=5 (shameless publicity, I know.. but
so be it).

Just remember: a spec file is a shell script. So writing simple scripts can
help. but if the 'normal' configure ; make works, there is not much to
script.

Give it a try!

Dominique

I must add that the build service has a wizard that creates an initial
spec file that I've used to create a spec file from scratch for
rosegarden-qt4. So all you have to do to get started is register a build
service account and with the help of the osc man page and maybe ask a
bit on the build service list, download the source package, create a
package in your home project then upload the source package and use the
wizard to create your spec file and chances are you will end up with a
built package.
Regards
Dave P