Re: [opensuse-factory] Leafnode dropped ?!
  • From: "Dominique Leuenberger" <Dominique.Leuenberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 09:01:30 +0100
Hi,

On 11/25/2009 at 6:45, "Rajko M." <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The web page is 7 screens long, and requires as prerequisite another few
books
reading, learning development tools, openSUSE packaging guidelines, probably

one or 2 programing languages in order to fix programs that behave, in other

words whole semester or more of fun, full time.

Packaging is for a long time expert field.

I always say: if you can do ./configure; make; make install, then you can
easily package it. This is of course the easiest type of package and is
certainly not working with everything you can find upstream. But god knows,
I've been doing some packages by know and this very often DOES work.

I also wrote an article about such a package:
http://dominique.leuenberger.net/blog/?p=5 (shameless publicity, I know.. but
so be it).

Just remember: a spec file is a shell script. So writing simple scripts can
help. but if the 'normal' configure ; make works, there is not much to
script.

Give it a try!

Dominique