Re: [opensuse-factory] Leafnode dropped ?!
  • From: Rob OpenSuSE <rob.opensuse.linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 18:31:50 +0000
2009/11/24 Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

opensuse-packaging.
http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-packaging/2009-08/msg00172.html

Personally I doubt if many community members actually read that.

Exactly. We have release schedules, so why not put out what's planned
to be dropped in the next release in an annoucement, 6 months & 4
months before.

Changes like that are soft of thing one expects in release notes.

Some may be superceded, some dropped through lack of upstream
maintenance, or something like security issues.

Telling ppl ahead that it's a package maintainer that is required, is
more likely to encourage volunteers. I know it didn't work for KDE3,
but that's a big project, not something that most ppl want to take on.