Re: [opensuse-factory] Leafnode dropped ?!
  • From: houghi <houghi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 15:51:44 +0100
On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 08:26:05AM -0500, Robert Schweikert wrote:
The Debian project also has a very long list of orphaned packages and
packages up for adoption.

http://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp/rfa_bypackage
http://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp/orphaned

OK.

Anyway, what other distros do is not necessarily our concern. Fact is that
there are not enough maintainers.

I agree. But look and taking what is good and leave what is bad should be
the idea.

I do agree that a list for orphaned packages in openSUSE would be nice.
This should probably be generated once a month and maybe packages that have
not found a home in 6 month get dropped. Having a counter next to an
orphaned package indicating how much time is left before the package gets
dropped would be nice. Maybe a "popup" during install could inform people
installing an orphaned package that the package is on the orphaned list and
might be dropped soon.

That would indeed be already a good start. (next to looking how we could
be getting more maintainers.)

houghi
--
First we thought the PC was a calculator. Then we found out how to turn
numbers into letters with ASCII and we thought it was a typewriter. Then