Re: [opensuse-factory] Leafnode dropped ?!
  • From: Robert Schweikert <rschweikert@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 08:26:05 -0500

<snip>
Almost each and every package is available under Debian.
<snip>

The Debian project also has a very long list of orphaned packages and packages up for adoption.

http://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp/rfa_bypackage
http://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp/orphaned

Anyway, what other distros do is not necessarily our concern. Fact is that there are not enough maintainers.

I do agree that a list for orphaned packages in openSUSE would be nice. This should probably be generated once a month and maybe packages that have not found a home in 6 month get dropped. Having a counter next to an orphaned package indicating how much time is left before the package gets dropped would be nice. Maybe a "popup" during install could inform people installing an orphaned package that the package is on the orphaned list and might be dropped soon.

Robert

Software Engineer Consultant LINUX
rschweikert@xxxxxxxxxx 781-464-8147

Novell