Re: [opensuse-factory] Leafnode dropped ?!
  • From: Daniele <kailed@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 01:02:24 +0100
Il lunedì 23 novembre 2009, Petr Baudis scrisse:

What about an unmanteined repo ? With packages that build without
issue and without known security bugs..
No, I don't have the knowledge :)
It could be done by the build server, package marked "unmanteined"
-> go to unmanteined repo.

Unfortunately, I think this just isn't feasible, e.g. consider the
latest change in rpm which required fixing of huge amount of packages
so that their patches apply without fuzz. These changes seem to
happen occassionally and after some time, only few packages would
manage to remain there.
But why don't try ? Nothing to loose..

The best way to help is to _get_ the knowledge, and pick up few easy
packages. :) It really is not as hard as it seems, once you get the
courage. I wonder if there is any "easy RPM packaging" HOWTO we can
point people at?
You're right but damned time, never enough :(
It's not only packaging, what if it doens't build ?
Bye.

--
*** Linux user # 198661 ---_ ICQ 33500725 ***
*** Home http://www.kailed.net ***