Re: [opensuse-factory] Leafnode dropped ?!
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 09:10:14 +0100
Stefan Seyfried wrote:

On Mon, 23 Nov 2009 16:16:27 +0100
Marcus Meissner <meissner@xxxxxxx> wrote:

leafnode can easily be picked up by another (even external)
maintainer.

And, speaking as the former maintainer of the package, it is very
low-maintenance, there is not much to do for this package.

But even when I was still at SUSE, I was not using leafnode anymore,
and I don't think it is good for a package when the maintainer has no
real clue of the subject ;)

If there are still active users out there, one of them should pick it
up, it is really easy to maintain.

Maybe, like houghi already suggested, it would be good with a list
of "orphan packages" or "packages seeking maintainer"?

/Per

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (0.0°C)