Re: [opensuse-factory] Leafnode dropped ?!
  • From: Rob OpenSuSE <rob.opensuse.linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 18:48:48 +0000
2009/11/23 Daniele <kailed@xxxxxxxxxx>:
Il lunedì 23 novembre 2009, houghi scrisse:
On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 09:23:49AM -0300, Cristian Rodríguez wrote:
On 21/11/09 14:39, Daniele wrote:
Dropped ? I hope not it's widely used and still manteined !!!
If dropped, is there a valid reason ?

Package has no maintainer.

That is a huge problem. Pity I do not have the knowledge.
 Unfortunatly what I am seeing is that openSUSE is becoming more and
 more only focused on KDE/GNOME and all the rest is pushed back,
 except the Zypper stuff.
I agree!
Leafdnode -> dropped
phpMyadmin -> only in build server
the list could be long..

Are so many developers gone that software that was maintained in the
 past does not have a maintainer anymore?

Also: is there a list of things that are being dropped because there
 is no maintainer?
What about an unmanteined repo ? With packages that build without issue
and without known security bugs..
No, I don't have the knowledge :)
It could be done by the build server, package marked "unmanteined" -> go
to unmanteined repo.

Why don't you try installing an 11.1 version for now?

http://download.openuse.org/distribution/11.1/repo/oss/suse/i586/leafnode-1.11.6-72.37.i586.rpm

I built rpm's for things not included in SuSE and usually the binaries
worked fine on release upgrades.