Re: [opensuse-factory] yast sw mgmt - Gnome & KDE really different?
  • From: Rob OpenSuSE <rob.opensuse.linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 15:46:38 +0000
2009/11/23 Vincent Untz <vuntz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
Le samedi 21 novembre 2009, à 14:18 +0100, Carlos E. R. a écrit :
On 11/20/2009 04:55 PM, Vincent Untz wrote:
Le vendredi 20 novembre 2009, à 13:01 +0100, Andrea Florio a écrit :

That's exactly what I'm saying, and you seem to miss my point. The
desktop user I'm thinking of would just drop openSUSE if the graphical
interface stops working. The people you're thinking of are a different
target audience.

But there's been forum threads where this has happened to new users,
used to windows, and they have posted for help. They'd likely be ppl
in your "just drop" category, but have then thanked forum for quick
turn round on their issue, with it resolved.

It'd be wrong to use "focus on typical end user" to penalise those who
aren't. If openSUSE did that, then lots of us WOULD drop the distro!

Rob