Re: [opensuse-factory] Leafnode dropped ?!
  • From: Marcus Meissner <meissner@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 16:16:27 +0100
On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 03:07:01PM +0100, houghi wrote:
On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 09:23:49AM -0300, Cristian Rodríguez wrote:
On 21/11/09 14:39, Daniele wrote:

Dropped ? I hope not it's widely used and still manteined !!!
If dropped, is there a valid reason ?

Package has no maintainer.

That is a huge problem. Pity I do not have the knowledge. Unfortunatly
what I am seeing is that openSUSE is becoming more and more only focused
on KDE/GNOME and all the rest is pushed back, except the Zypper stuff.

Are so many developers gone that software that was maintained in the past
does not have a maintainer anymore?

Also: is there a list of things that are being dropped because there is no
maintainer?

leafnode can easily be picked up by another (even external) maintainer.

If someone feels like it, we can surely do that.

Ciao, Marcus