Re: [opensuse-factory] MAJOR::no system logs
  • From: Patrick Shanahan <ptilopteri@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 09:31:35 -0500
* Patrick Shanahan <ptilopteri@xxxxxxxxx> [11-23-09 09:26]:
Since yesterday I have no more system logs :^(
Perhaps because of the switch from syslog-ng to rsyslog?

correction, I do have system logs, but with different names....

what I do not have is comprehensive reports from logdigest/logwatch

Is it necessary to edit rsyslog.conf to get my logs and do I need to
learn the new syntax or is there going to be an equilivant rsyslog.conf
provided? My syslog-ng.conf has not changed for over a year and I do not
recall ever making personal changes to it other than perhaps yast.

Bug Report ???

And now configurations for logdigest and logwatch must be altered to
match the new log filenames, or the rsyslog.conf changed. And the
content of the log files is not the same.