Re: [opensuse-factory] yast sw mgmt - Gnome & KDE really different?
  • From: Vincent Untz <vuntz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 15:03:09 +0100
Le samedi 21 novembre 2009, à 14:18 +0100, Carlos E. R. a écrit :
On 11/20/2009 04:55 PM, Vincent Untz wrote:
Le vendredi 20 novembre 2009, à 13:01 +0100, Andrea Florio a écrit :
and also rember that lots of sys admin use SSH as secure remore
connection... and ncurses gui is much easier to use.

And here we come back to the question of what is our primary target
audience. You are interested in the sysadmin case, but some contributors
are more interested in desktop users who are not sysadmins.

There are machines with no GUI, or with a broken GUI. How would you use YaST
there? maybe you are a
home user, with no other machine on which to use webyast. Maybe the network
is also broken.

That's exactly what I'm saying, and you seem to miss my point. The
desktop user I'm thinking of would just drop openSUSE if the graphical
interface stops working. The people you're thinking of are a different
target audience.

The project itself has no target audience, and so currently we're trying
to satisfy all needs, without a clear priority. This kind of works,
except that we end up having some solutions that are not completely
satisfying for anybody.

No, please, don't even think of removing the ncurses interface.

Where did I mention I wanted to remove it?

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.