Re: [opensuse-factory] yast sw mgmt - Gnome & KDE really different?
  • From: Marcus Meissner <meissner@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 17:41:49 +0100
On Sat, Nov 21, 2009 at 02:19:57PM +0100, Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 11/20/2009 08:16 AM, Sankar P wrote:

I am sure none of the thick clients will be dropped until the
web-interface matures and is fully functional. so Don't Panic. But I
see no reason why we should carry on with these thick clients on a
longer run. Web interface should be the default way to go as the
system can be managed even from a Windows machine. If you want
something less resource intensive and doesn't like GUI, use zypper.

Yes, I panick. A lot. The thought of the ncurses interface dissapearing gives
me panick. You say
"use zypper". Again, no. You can not configure a machine with zypper, to
mention one reason.

I think Michael just wanted to distract everyone from yast2 gtk.

Ciao, Marcus