Re: [opensuse-factory] yast sw mgmt - Gnome & KDE really different?
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 14:19:57 +0100

On 11/20/2009 08:16 AM, Sankar P wrote:

I am sure none of the thick clients will be dropped until the
web-interface matures and is fully functional. so Don't Panic. But I
see no reason why we should carry on with these thick clients on a
longer run. Web interface should be the default way to go as the
system can be managed even from a Windows machine. If you want
something less resource intensive and doesn't like GUI, use zypper.

Yes, I panick. A lot. The thought of the ncurses interface dissapearing gives
me panick. You say
"use zypper". Again, no. You can not configure a machine with zypper, to
mention one reason.

imho, "brain-fart" is too harsh a word to use in this discussion.

Well, it reflects on the fact that even thinking of removing ncurses yast is so
daft that only a
biological cpu bug or glitch could explain having that idea >:-)

- --
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 11.2-ex-factory "Emerald" GM)