Re: [opensuse-factory] yast sw mgmt - Gnome & KDE really different?
  • From: Andrea Florio <andrea@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 17:43:23 +0100

i fully agree but untill somebody make possible to have an "un-branded
SLES" (like red-hat and centOS) that will happen. on my case if i don't
want to pay lots of money i have to use openSUSE.

i think that instead drop very very useful packages we just have to made
a better work on pattern.. example, as you sed, a desktop user will not
use several yast modules like "yast2-vm" or IMHO either apparmor. and
many other "server related" modules.

i agree with the "do not install it by default but provide it".

any way, ncurses yast is still useful if X for any reason broken.

Andrea