Re: [opensuse-factory] yast sw mgmt - Gnome & KDE really different?
  • From: Vincent Untz <vuntz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 16:55:51 +0100
Le vendredi 20 novembre 2009, à 13:01 +0100, Andrea Florio a écrit :
and also rember that lots of sys admin use SSH as secure remore
connection... and ncurses gui is much easier to use.

And here we come back to the question of what is our primary target
audience. You are interested in the sysadmin case, but some contributors
are more interested in desktop users who are not sysadmins.

Until we answer this question, there will be disagreements on topics
like this.

For example, my personal take is that a lot of yast modules aren't
needed for a standard desktop user (which doesn't mean they should be
available for installation, of course). [Note that I'm not pushing for
this change, this is just an example of a similar topic where people
will disagree]

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.