Re: [opensuse-factory] yast sw mgmt - Gnome & KDE really different?
  • From: AR <ar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 09:20:51 +0100
Am Freitag 20 November 2009 08:16:47 schrieb Sankar P:
What on Earth are you talking about?
Dropping ncurses yast?

I am sure none of the thick clients will be dropped until the
web-interface matures and is fully functional. so Don't Panic. But I
see no reason why we should carry on with these thick clients on a
longer run.

You are talking about the gtk- and qt-version of yast and not of ncurses.

Web interface should be the default way to go as the
system can be managed even from a Windows machine. If you want
something less resource intensive and doesn't like GUI, use zypper.

Yast is more than just a gui for zypper.
What will you do on a machine which has no X running?

--
Axel