Re: [opensuse-factory] yast sw mgmt - Gnome & KDE really different?
  • From: Martin Schlander <martin.schlander@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 20:16:47 +0100
Torsdag den 19. november 2009 14:37:24 skrev Carlos E. R.:
On 11/19/2009 01:15 PM, Martin Schlander wrote:
And btw. support questions for released versions are completely off-topic
here.

Should not be.

Not for a just released distro, because the people that have tested it and
know the answers already lurk here. Many people in the main list are
asking about issues that are old stuff here, but not known there. People
go round and round trying to find the answer to a particular problem, that
was perhaps reported here months ago - like not having a xorg.conf and how
to fidle it.

So, please, give some leeway for a month or so :-)

We already have problems with developers not wanting to follow the list
because of too much noise - allowing support questions won't help.

But of course unfortunately my opinion is not the sole basis for decisions :-)