Re: [opensuse-factory] yast sw mgmt - Gnome & KDE really different?
  • From: Clayton <smaug42@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 19:24:14 +0100
 You can find those screenshots here:
 http://en.opensuse.org/YaST2-GTK

 The first software manager screenshots there are the
result of some changes that escalated from mere touch-ups,
such as turning the status buttons into tabs and so on. We got
carried away and people were displeased, so we reverted those
changes.

I have to say... the second image on that page... I assume that's from
the 11.2 Gnome release (I haven't tried Gnome in 11.2 yet)... that is
looking a LOT better than previous versions.

What I'd really like to see is the best of the QT and the best of the
GTK versions be pulled together and we have a unified software manager
once again.

/me off to poke around in the GoogleGroups... and wondering why this
development is being done OFF the opensuse.org domain... is it secret
or something? Why isn't this here in the cluster of projects?

C.