Re: [opensuse-factory] yast sw mgmt - Gnome & KDE really different?
  • From: Martin Schlander <martin.schlander@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 14:03:29 +0100
Torsdag den 19. november 2009 13:48:56 skrev Duncan Mac-Vicar Prett:
On Thursday 19 November 2009 12:18:02 David C. Rankin wrote:
On my gnome install I have a really weird yast sw management module. My
guess is that it is just to gnome one, but I want to confirm. So do the
normal and gnome yast software management apps really have that
different of a UI? If so, can I make the gnome one back into the one I'm
used to?

Yes. Some years ago the Desktop team pushed for this user interface in
addition to the gtk native UI plugin.

I don't think the effort was worth it. Personally, I don't find the gnome
version of the software management module easier.

Not to mention the added support load, from supporting users with two
completely different package manager UIs, duplicate effort writing howtos etc.