Re: [opensuse-factory] yast sw mgmt - Gnome & KDE really different?
  • From: Martin Schlander <martin.schlander@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 13:15:42 +0100
Torsdag den 19. november 2009 12:18:02 skrev David C. Rankin:
On my gnome install I have a really weird yast sw management module. My
guess is that it is just to gnome one, but I want to confirm. So do the
normal and gnome yast software management apps really have that
different of a UI? If so, can I make the gnome one back into the one I'm
used to?

Yes. They're that different. And if I'm not mistaken the gtk ui is also
redesigned every release for the last 3-4 releases.

If I'm not mistaken you can set "WANTED_GUI" option in /etc/sysconfig/yast2 to
get Qt yast in GNOME.

And btw. support questions for released versions are completely off-topic
here.