Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: [opensuse-edu] Re: NFS
On Fri, 2009-11-13 at 18:49 +0100, Andrea Florio wrote:
hey guys.. i have the exact same issue.
i do not have any "mac" clients... my server is SLES x86_64 and all my
clients are openSUSE11.1 i586

i have those freeze several times, but i wasnt able yet to understand why.
any help is really appreciate

Andrea

Perhaps worthwhile trying...

I had identical lockups

This evening i noticed (while doing an iostat in another screen)
that a regular "sync" caused a large buffer to flush, and files (on a
nfs-client) to be updated.

Now i do on the nfs-server (in the background) this:
#!/bin/bash
for ((;;)) do sync; sleep 10; done

And my problems did not show up for several hours.
i know, it's NOT a solution, but it keeps my nfs-server from locking up.

hw