Re: [opensuse-factory] rsyslog
  • From: Rob OpenSuSE <rob.opensuse.linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 00:19:49 +0000
2009/11/15 Carlos E. R. <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

For now, my next step is to be able to log external sources (my router). Then
I have to learn how to
fire an external script triggered on a certain message, and then add a line
to a log on the output
of that script.

The traditional way of doing that was with something like swatch(8)
http://swatch.sourceforge.net/ it worked pretty well, and just use
syslog(3) to add more logging output from perl type script, though
logger(1) makes it easy for shell to.

Sounds hacky, but that sufficed to do emergency delete of files to
avoid filesystem corruption with full disks on SunOS 4 NFS servers.

Rob