Re: [opensuse-factory] Lots of old packages breaks zypper dup of factory
  • From: Larry Finger <Larry.Finger@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2009 09:31:15 -0600
On 11/14/2009 09:25 AM, Mark Gray wrote:
On Sat, Nov 14, 2009 at 10:08 AM, Patrick Shanahan <ptilopteri@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
[snip]
Since you are "dup"ing from "11.2", I would think that you would reduce
the priorities (larger number) of the 11.2 repos and raise the priorities
of "Factory" repos. Then you should see less of the "downgrades".

Simple but brilliant solution -- thank you. Following the directions
I found for switching to Factory I had removed (disabled) all the
non-factory repositories.

My understanding is that Factory was usable during the 11.2 development process,
but once 11.2 GM was released, Factory should have been disabled - unless you
want to test pre-11.3 stuff. Is that not correct?