Re: [opensuse-factory] Lots of old packages breaks zypper dup of factory
  • From: Patrick Shanahan <ptilopteri@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2009 10:08:58 -0500
* Mark Gray <mark.t.gray@xxxxxxxxx> [11-14-09 09:52]:
It may only be the mirrors of factory that download.opensuse.org is
sending me to, but there are a bunch of old packages there which
zypper dup would like to downgrade to which causes some real nasty
conflicts when dup'ing from a 11.2 installation.

Haven't seen "nasty conflicts" from suggested downgrades.

Am I the only one seeing this problem?

yes/no. I see the downgrades, but not the conflicts. Playing with the
priorities to get the repos in line with your needs/desires will help.
Since you are "dup"ing from "11.2", I would think that you would reduce
the priorities (larger number) of the 11.2 repos and raise the priorities
of "Factory" repos. Then you should see less of the "downgrades".

"Usually" the only time I see conflicts is when someone has built a poorly
constructed rpm.