Re: [opensuse-factory] 11.1 -> 11.2 upgrade breaks keyboard
  • From: Donn Washburn <n5xwb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2009 06:36:38 -0600
On 11/14/2009 04:51 AM, Herbert Graeber wrote:
Am Donnerstag 12 November 2009 23:11:37 schrieb Robert Schweikert:
I just completed an in place upgrade using "zypper dup" from 11.1 to
11.2 on a Lenovo T400 machine. The machine boots and the keyboard works
in the grub menu. However, there is no response to keyboard input at the
login prompt.

Using GNOME with GDM, touchpad and buttons work.

Now I am locked out of the machine. Any ideas on how to fix this?
I had this problem, too. The answer was on planetsuse:

http://woelfisch.livejournal.com/103326.html

In short: The commands

zypper in -f hal
rchal restart (not sure if this is neccessary)

fixed it for me.

Herbert
I think this problem is different than mine.

In a console I think the defined keyboard is either wrong or broken.
I get in a console as root at the command line as I type. On the right side of the screen as an extension of the typed line a whole bunch of brightly colored blocks with random characters in the blocks. They seem to appear after hitting the back space key or delete key and then the text editing is not displayed correctly. Yast2 shows the keyboard to be a "english-us, pc-104", and vga=0x318
This problem is in openSuSE 11.2 RC2 and has never been seen before. No problem with the keyboard is seen in "X"

--
73 de Donn Washburn
307 Savoy Street Email:" n5xwb@xxxxxxxxxxx "