Re: [opensuse-factory] 11.1 -> 11.2 upgrade breaks keyboard
  • From: Robert Schweikert <rschweikert@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2009 07:39:30 -0500

Herbert Graeber wrote:
Am Donnerstag 12 November 2009 23:11:37 schrieb Robert Schweikert:
I just completed an in place upgrade using "zypper dup" from 11.1 to
11.2 on a Lenovo T400 machine. The machine boots and the keyboard works
in the grub menu. However, there is no response to keyboard input at the
login prompt.

Using GNOME with GDM, touchpad and buttons work.

Now I am locked out of the machine. Any ideas on how to fix this?

I had this problem, too. The answer was on planetsuse:

http://woelfisch.livejournal.com/103326.html

In short: The commands

zypper in -f hal
rchal restart (not sure if this is neccessary)

fixed it for me.
Thanks, worked for me too. I've added some comments to the bug report for this.
Herbert

Software Engineer Consultant LINUX
rschweikert@xxxxxxxxxx 781-464-8147

Novell