Re: [opensuse-factory] 11.1 -> 11.2 upgrade breaks keyboard
  • From: Robert Schweikert <rschweikert@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 08:12:33 -0500
Hi,

Matthias Bach wrote:
Hi!

Am Donnerstag 12 November 2009 schrieb Robert Schweikert:
I just completed an in place upgrade using "zypper dup" from 11.1 to
11.2 on a Lenovo T400 machine. The machine boots and the keyboard works
in the grub menu. However, there is no response to keyboard input at the
login prompt.

Using GNOME with GDM, touchpad and buttons work.

Now I am locked out of the machine. Any ideas on how to fix this?

If you only boot to runlevel 3 (no gdm), can you login on the console terminal? I, and at least one other person on the mailing list, experienced the same with 11.2 RC1, but it was gone on RC2. Only difference is, that the touchpad worked neither.
In runlevel 3 the keyboard works. When I try to run sax2 the X-server that sax2 starts hangs and both keyboard and trackpad are unresponsive.

I also tried to copy an xorg.conf file from a live system I have on a USB stick that works on this machine. Unfortunately this didn't solve the problem either.

Other ideas?

Thanks,
Robert
Regards,