Re: Fwd: Re: [opensuse-factory] Kernel clarification
  • From: Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 16:12:14 +1100
On 12/11/09 22:26, Rob OpenSuSE wrote:
2009/11/12 Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

On 12/11/09 17:19, Fred A. Miller wrote:

On 11/12/2009 12:26 AM, Basil Chupin wrote:

Ah, OK. But in any case it doesn't affect me as I always compile the
driver myself after I download it from the nVidia site.

Yes.....I know.....you enjoy it. ;)

YES! I *do*!

It gives me the feeling of *power*.

And gives me the feeling that *I* am in control!

It's just an inteface stub you're compiling, a kind of a shim for
Nvidia's binary blob driver to fit in with the kernel & limit the
impact of Linux changes to their codebase.

To really have control you need to run untainted kernel with FOSS drivers.

Rob

But of course......

BC

--