Re: [opensuse-factory] 11.1 -> 11.2 upgrade breaks keyboard
  • From: Matthias Bach <marix@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 01:08:07 +0100
Hi!

Am Donnerstag 12 November 2009 schrieb Robert Schweikert:
I just completed an in place upgrade using "zypper dup" from 11.1 to
11.2 on a Lenovo T400 machine. The machine boots and the keyboard works
in the grub menu. However, there is no response to keyboard input at the
login prompt.

Using GNOME with GDM, touchpad and buttons work.

Now I am locked out of the machine. Any ideas on how to fix this?

If you only boot to runlevel 3 (no gdm), can you login on the console
terminal? I, and at least one other person on the mailing list, experienced
the same with 11.2 RC1, but it was gone on RC2. Only difference is, that the
touchpad worked neither.

Regards,
Matthias
--
Matthias Bach
www.marix.org

„Der einzige Weg, die Grenzen des Möglichen zu finden, ist ein klein wenig
über diese hinaus in das Unmögliche vorzustoßen.“ - Arthur C. Clarke