Re: Fwd: Re: [opensuse-factory] Kernel clarification
  • From: "Fred A. Miller" <fmiller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 01:19:04 -0500
On 11/12/2009 12:26 AM, Basil Chupin wrote:
On 12/11/09 13:50, Fred A. Miller wrote:

On 11/11/2009 09:22 PM, Basil Chupin wrote:

[pruned]

Now, am I mistaken and did not understand what I think I may have read,
but I thought that nVidia driver is no longer available as part of
zypper or YaST because nvidia decided that it is a proprietary driver
and will not make it available except thru their own site?

I think that is in error.....it's supposed to be available, although I
haven't seen it yet and need to! ;)

Ah, OK. But in any case it doesn't affect me as I always compile the
driver myself after I download it from the nVidia site.

Yes.....I know.....you enjoy it. ;)

Fred

--
Windows 7: I wanted more reliable, so I have more reliable.
I use Linux!