Re: Fwd: Re: [opensuse-factory] Kernel clarification
  • From: Larry Stotler <larrystotler@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 21:08:27 -0500
On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 8:21 PM, Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Don't let kde4 worry you. You'll get used to it in minutes.

Nope. Still haven't gotten used ot it. Too much going on.

The only thing is *not* to Enable all the desktop effects and save lots
of cpu cycles in not running all the eye-candy.

Yeah, I requested that KPersonalizer get ported to make that easy, but
didn't happen yet.

Also, download and compile the nVidia driver from nVidia. Makes a BIG
difference. The "default" excuse for an nvidia driver installed by 11.2
only gave me ~136fps (using glxgears), the compiled driver (190.42)
gives me ~3660fps.

I haven't installed the nVidia driver on his machine yet. Was hoping
that the repo would be up but haven't seen it yet(haven't looked today
tho).