Re: Fwd: Re: [opensuse-factory] Kernel clarification
  • From: Jeff Mahoney <jeffm@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 13:53:45 -0500
On 11/11/2009 01:08 PM, Larry Stotler wrote:
On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 12:36 AM, Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The first thing I noticed is that the quality of the TV picture improved
(I watch TV on my computer) - no 'streaking' or 'stuttering' on some HD
channels.

This is encouraging. However, are you using 64bit or 32bit version?
I've always noticed stuttering watching flash on my 64bit system under
11.0 and I have the default kernel installed(which would make sense
since I'm using 64bit and you don't use PAE when you are running in
64bit mode - actually, not sure why the PAE is even offered). I'm

What do you mean here WRT "not sure why the PAE is even offered" ?

-Jeff

debating upgrading this one to 11.2(except for KDE4 - still don't
really care for it - have it on my son's AthlonXP 3200+ and it's still
so much differenct from KDE3).

--
Jeff Mahoney
SUSE Labs