Re: [opensuse-factory] unexpected / undocumented question during 11.1 -> 11.2 upgrade
  • From: Felix Miata <mrmazda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 20:05:33 -0500
On 2009/11/10 19:52 (GMT-0500) Greg Freemyer composed:

Felix Miata wrote:

zypper in rpm wget curl aria2 mkinitrd yast2-Bootloader zypper libzypp dbus-1
hal udev satsolver-tools openSUSE-release

zypper is in the list of upgraded packages. When I pulled that from
11.2 repos, it took 30 full minutes to pull. And I was using a very
lightly loaded T-1 to do the upgrade.

It is not the end of the world, but it is also not very smooth.

Of course, I'm now running zypper dup, and that is 4 hrs in and still running.

My point was the list of additionally pulled packages from that cmdline is
normally small, in the 0-10 range, quite unlike the many it took you 30
minutes to do.
--
The husband should fulfill his marital duty to
his wife, and likewise the wife to her husband.

Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/