Re: [opensuse-factory] unexpected / undocumented question during 11.1 -> 11.2 upgrade
  • From: Felix Miata <mrmazda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 18:55:31 -0500
On 2009/11/10 14:01 (GMT-0500) Greg Freemyer composed:

I added a comment to the Upgrade/11.2 wiki entry to say the "zypper in
zypper" step may result in hundreds of packages being updated and take
10's of minutes to complete.

At least then users following the wiki will not be surprised as I was
by the large number of package modifications required by what appears
to be a simple single package update command.

ie. It took me 30 minutes to do that one step.

I don't run into that. After I update the sources to the new locations & do
zypper ref, and before zypper dup, I do something similar to as follows:

zypper in rpm wget curl aria2 mkinitrd yast2-Bootloader zypper libzypp dbus-1
hal udev satsolver-tools openSUSE-release

That seems to be roughly enough to ensure the dup works without problems with
the package management system itself.
--
The husband should fulfill his marital duty to
his wife, and likewise the wife to her husband.

Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/