Re: [opensuse-factory] Kernel clarification
  • From: Jeff Mahoney <jeffm@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 15:53:43 -0500
On 11/10/2009 03:52 PM, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
On Tuesday 10 November 2009 17:46:18 Jeff Mahoney wrote:
On 11/06/2009 08:49 PM, Basil Chupin wrote:

[description of kernel-desktop]

UNQUOTE

After the above, from the verbal exchanges by the various Initials I
could gather that the pae kernel will only be installed if there is a
flag set to indicate that you have at least 4GB of RAM installed and
that a server kernel will be installed if you are running a server;
after that what is called a default kernel and what is called a legacy
kernel becomes kinda confusing - except perhaps that the legacy
kernel may be the one which is installed on i386 machines. But don't
take my word about any of this! :-)

Huh. It was supposed to install kernel-desktop automatically, but I just
installed 11.2 GM on my Aspire One and it installed kernel-default. Not
even kernel-pae.
Hi Jeff,

I hope you filed a bugreport with details ;)

I wanted to actually make sure my understanding was correct before
filing a bug. Is it? :)

I'm wading through bugzilla triage today, so it may be a little bit.

-Jeff

--
Jeff Mahoney
SUSE Labs