Re: Fwd: Re: [opensuse-factory] Kernel clarification
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 20:46:18 +0100 (CET)

On Tuesday, 2009-11-10 at 18:37 +1100, Basil Chupin wrote:

Thanks for this but, no, this is not the reference I am looking for.
This one is about a bug, but the one I want actually gave instructions
about what to alter in the parameters for the kernel before compiling it
to give, for example, Timer Frequency of 1000Hz instead of the default
of (?)250Hz.

Ah, that's one is easy, I don't need my archive ;-)

CONFIG_HZ_100 is not set
CONFIG_HZ_250=y
# CONFIG_HZ_300 is not set
# CONFIG_HZ_1000 is not set

at least in the sources of 11.0, I don't have installed those of 11.2 (to reduce download time during zypper dups)

(I did a grep for "time", then "250", then "CONFIG_HZ_" in the linux/.config file to find it. As I say, easy ;-) )

[...]

Ugh. I'm attempting a zypper up on rc.2 and I'm getting multiple download errors:

Failed to download SOMETHINGi586.rpm from http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/11.2/repo/oss/
Abort, retry, ignore? [a/r/i/?] (a): r

I have to do an "up", then "dup", then install the extra kernel, in preparation for testing the other type of kernel. But with those multiple retries it is going to fail overnight.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.