Re: [opensuse-factory] Kernel clarification
  • From: Jeff Mahoney <jeffm@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 11:46:18 -0500
On 11/06/2009 08:49 PM, Basil Chupin wrote:

[description of kernel-desktop]

UNQUOTE

After the above, from the verbal exchanges by the various Initials I
could gather that the pae kernel will only be installed if there is a
flag set to indicate that you have at least 4GB of RAM installed and
that a server kernel will be installed if you are running a server;
after that what is called a default kernel and what is called a legacy
kernel becomes kinda confusing - except perhaps that the legacy kernel
may be the one which is installed on i386 machines. But don't take my
word about any of this! :-)

Huh. It was supposed to install kernel-desktop automatically, but I just
installed 11.2 GM on my Aspire One and it installed kernel-default. Not
even kernel-pae.

-Jeff

--
Jeff Mahoney