Re: [opensuse-factory] unexpected / undocumented question during 11.1 -> 11.2 upgrade
  • From: A R <ar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 10:15:20 +0100
Hey Greg,

You have to, otherwise upgrading won't work ;)
Don't forget your other repositories (Packman, KDE4 and all the others).
You have to adapt repository Path to 11.2, too

I'm trying to follow the actual instructions which say to disable all
repos. Then I added only the 3 11.2 repos listed.

In this case all other packages from those repos may behave unexpected, but

It is the results of zypper in zypper that I find very unexpected.

I skipped this information

I'm just trying upgrade one package "zypper". I was not expecting 172
MB of download and what looks like hundreds of packages to be upgraded
/ downgraded.

You can take a look on the list of depencies of zypper. Those packages have
other dependencies as well. I am not surprised that hundrets of packages need
to be upgraded and I suppose that's the reason why the new version of zypper
is not available for 11.1.

If you look at my original email just after the sig, I show that all
the old repos were disabled and the 3 new 11.2 repos added and
enabled. I think that is all that is needed. If not, the Upgrade
instructions don't detail what is needed.

I did my upgrade slightly different. I disabled some of my repositories but
updated the most of them. Just in case you use KDE3 you have to update the
repository because it is not longe available in main repos as Dave said.
It may behave the same with other packages.

Regards
Axel