Re: [opensuse-factory] Kernel clarification
  • From: Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 15:38:16 +1100

On Saturday, 2009-11-07 at 11:45 +1100, Basil Chupin wrote:

I have the same situation as Carlos: 11.2 automatically installed
kernel-default and not the *-desktop. It was a "clean" install (on brand
new HDs).

Apart from the "Why did the installer do this?", how do I change to the
*-desktop kernel? Uninstall the default and at the same time select
desktop (and let nature take its course)?

Or install both and choose at boot time... but we need to know what
advantages/disadvantages we get, in order to choose correctly.
A bit late in responding to this, sorry, but, *YES*, we all need to
know what each kernel is aimed at providing.

(I also suspect that the people who write the installation script for oS
would also like to know.... :-) )

BC

--
I work to live not live to work.