Re: [opensuse-factory] unexpected / undocumented question during 11.1 -> 11.2 upgrade
  • From: AR <ar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 22:13:10 +0100
Am Montag 09 November 2009 21:50:37 schrieb Greg Freemyer:
Okay,

I decided to try out the <http://en.opensuse.org/Upgrade/11.2> process
via zypper. (I had been testing wagon, because I assumed others were
testing zyperr.)

I did the same a few days ago and all went fine.

I first updated my repos as requested in:
<http://en.opensuse.org/Upgrade/11.2#CLI>

You have to, otherwise upgrading won't work ;)
Don't forget your other repositories (Packman, KDE4 and all the others). You
have to adapt repository Path to 11.2, too

It is the results of zypper in zypper that I find very unexpected.

At a minimum the Upgrade page needs to warn users to expect this
extreme behavior is what is expected. See below:

Which extreme behaviour?
Most packages will get upgraded, some downgraded. You can press '?' or 'v'
before doing an upgrade. 'v' will show you a verbose list of what changes will
happen on your installed packages.

Is that all right?

Looks okay, but you really have to adapt your repositories.

Regards

--
Axel