Re: [opensuse-factory] What is opensuse-codecs-installer?
  • From: Juergen Weigert <jw@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Nov 2009 17:16:50 +0100
Yes, I have looked inside. It is a script in
/usr/lib/opensuse-codecs-installer. Who/what runs it, when, how?
Readme doesn't explain anything.

IIRC the opensuse-codecs-installer is a generic helper that an application
can call if it detects that required codec packages are missing.

GStreamer could be using it. I haven't seen it in action either.

cheers,
JW-

\ | 0911 74053-508 __/ (____/ /\