Re: [opensuse-factory] Feature #308284: Ship openSUSE 11.2
  • From: Clayton <smaug42@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 18:46:55 +0100
I have never seen a Fedora or Ubuntu release which could boot an
openSUSE installation either (Things may have changed with this year's
versions, but I have not bothered trying them as yet.)

Really? Interesting. I've done many mutiboot installs, and they've
always worked... even with 6 or 8 different Linux versions. Each
successive install was able to "find" the previous and in the end the
last install had a kind of "master" Grub. In my case that last
install was always openSUSE since I prefer the Grub menu we have to
others.

Anyway, those that are responsible for the Grub fixes have stated that
this situation isn't going to change for the 11.2 release - I
understand the reasoning... I don't agree with the decision, but
hey... that's life :-) As I said.. it's ultimately not going to
bother me since after the release is final, I'll have only 11.2
installed on my computers.

C.