Re: [opensuse-factory] Feature #308284: Ship openSUSE 11.2
  • From: Rob OpenSuSE <rob.opensuse.linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 12:38:48 +0000
2009/11/5 Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxxxxx>:

I try to update http://www.suse.de/~coolo/factory-status.html as often as
possible with comments on what broke things.

Resisted commenting up to now to keep "chatter" down, but I see the
vote is now closed! The 11.2RC's look better to me than both 10.3 &
11.1 GM, and I see most Fate voters were favorable :

https://features.opensuse.org/308284 - SK - "OK, voting closed.
Thanks everyone for the support, we'll do build 348 as GM today.

Build347 -> Build348's only change is to change the driverupdate url
to 11.2, which was left unnoticed but due to the discussion about the
repair system I took notice. So having this feature helped."

Let's just hope the GM mastering goes smoother than last year!

Stephan, I would like to say thanks not only for listening but by
acting on it, which is shown by things like the Factory status page,
and the Fate vote. As one of those who became disenchanted with the
11.1 release state and frustrated like others by quality issues and
slow progress for known issues found by Factory testers.