Re: [opensuse-factory] Feature #308284: Ship openSUSE 11.2
  • From: Stefan Seyfried <stefan.seyfried@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2009 08:56:11 +0100
On Tue, 3 Nov 2009 18:43:32 +0100
Anders Johansson <ajohansson@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Why? Just use the correct repos for 11.2. And _no_ factory <> 11.2
anymore.

I do not want to install 11.2 - I want to keep FACTORY (means: I want
to have newer packages ASAP after 11.2). If I now switch to 11.2, I
will stay at the outdated stuff or I will have to switch repos again,
which is painful IMHO.

I think you'll find Stefan wants to have the latest packages. i.e.
later than those frozen in 11.2

Realistically, I expect that there is nothing new checked into FACTORY
right now, but I at least expect FACTORY to be at the same level as
11.2 and not older. (And yes, a recent kernel, without security holes,
would be nice. It really is a pity that the FACTORY users are kept
insecure deliberately.)
--
Stefan Seyfried

"Theory and practice sometimes clash.
And when that happens, theory loses. Every single time." --Linus Torvalds