Re: [opensuse-factory] RC2
  • From: Josef Reidinger <jreidinger@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2009 18:25:13 +0100
MasterPatricko write:
houghi wrote:
On Tue, Nov 03, 2009 at 07:00:19PM +0530, phanisvara das wrote:
On Tuesday 03 November 2009 06:48:00 pm Cecil Westerhof wrote:
I have done an update with 'zypper up' and with 'zypper dup', but my
system is still a RC1. Should it not be update to RC2?

i did the same (a week ago or so), and my boot splash still says RC 1,
but the system seems to be RC2 ok, as the common signature script
confirms:

Most likely an update will not change the bootsplash image. Perhaps
somebody can verify and then either confirm or deny this.

Also if there is no update of the splash screen, is that a bug or a
feature?

houghi

Most likely the grub menu is only updated when the kernel package is
modified, and afaik there is no change in the kernel between RC1 and
RC2, so unless you go into YaST -> Bootloader -> Propose New
Configuration you will not see a "RC2" in the grub bootloader menu.

The real test to see what the system thinks you are running is in
/etc/SuSE-brand and /etc/SuSE-release, I think.

Regards,

MasterPatricko

Yes, you are true. If you update and kernel doesn't change then there is no
reason to change titles in bootloader menu ( I try to have philosophy that if
it work before update, touch as less as possible to not break it)
Perl-Bootloader use few ways how to get currently installed product and one
way is read SuSE-release :)

--
Josef Reidinger
YaST team